Friday, June 26, 2009

Procrastinating Professor (certainly not posh, poised, OR prompt)

Okay...so you should probably know that I love school!  LOVE IT.  I have always done well with structure and work that challenges me.  I always, always complete things on time and to the best of my ability (I'd like to think so anyways) and I always, always make sure to use my time and stay on top of assignments.  Well when I took a computer class my spring semester last year my professor realllllllly made this difficult for me.  It was a small class of 25 students and he never even learned my name.  I'd be understanding is I went to BC or BU or UCONN...but I don't.  I go to a small liberal arts college where it is expected of professors to interact often with their students and he called me Brittany the entire time....that's not my name.  Then...I regularly completed exemplary work and did really well on every assignment so you can only imagine my astonishment when I realize I got a B!? After receiving an A on every assignment...OK.  So I ask him what's up with this blatantly OBVIOUS mistake and he says I never handed in an assigned project...so I got a 0 out of 50.  This so called project was posted on blackboard AFTER our final class and we were expected to check for it on our own and teach ourselves how to do it....nice.  So me being the dedicated undergrad that I am, taught myself what to do, did it, and emailed it to him in 5 hours (even though the due date said December 16th....and yes I took it in the Spring....what a thoroughly organized professor huh?) I attached the project in an email and was on my way home for the summer!  3 weekes later I discover my grade has not been changed...so I email the professor and hear nothing back from him for a week....so I email him again....and again....and again 15 times over the course of a month and a half with only 3 responses from him (none of which were in any way, shape, or form at all helpful or informative about the status of my project).  I then emailed our academic dean who told me to continue emailing the professor (she must be a real bright crayon too since THAT was working so well.)  In those 15 emails to the professor 3 of them contained the attached project because I did not want to lose points for not doing it/turning it in late.....

ANYWAYS TO GET TO MY POINT!  I receive an email from said professor today saying...and I quote!  "Hi K, I still have not received a copy of your publisher project.  I went back and checked all your emails, none of which have an attachment. Prof D."  

Really.  REALLY??  Because there are THREE FREAKIN EMAILS WITH THAT EXACT ATTACHMENT FROM WEEKS AGO but here....let me foward it A FOURTH FREAKIN TIME for you.....

xoxo,
seriously annoyed K

2 comments:

  1. That is infuriating! A tip my job search coach told me that may work in this case. Don't attach it, send it in the body of the email. I do this with my resume when applying via email.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I totally would except the project was Publisher and we had to use mailmerge to make postcards....so it isn't like a word document unfortunately....but you'd think the PROF would know how to open an attachment....considering he TEACHES a college level computer course...but I guess that's expecting a bit too much of him.

    ReplyDelete