Monday, June 29, 2009

Because I loooove tanning...

So I love tanning!  Mostly outside but I'm no newbie to the salon either (save the lectures, I'm well-aware of how terrible it is!).  I recently discovered a new mole on my shoulder that was odd-shaped so I decided to see my dermatologist today and have it removed (better safe than sorry!) which she did.  And APPARENTLY it's a little bit of a process because it was the size of a freckle and needed to be sutured.  They (she and the resident) then tell me in order to prevent scarring and infection I should not engage in any sort of strenuous physical activity over the next 10 DAYS.  This means no group classes OR ab workouts at night for the next 10 DAYS! I am going to miss our family class (when my three sisters are home for the 4th, my boy, my sisters boys, and our mom) when we all take it together!  Ugh, I'll just be one miserable B on the treadmill that day I suppose...since luckily running is exempt from this temporary exercise expulsion.

We will also be running in our town's traditional 5K race on the 4th of July...(my first ever! ) which I am still trying to convince the boy to do with me too....and have been more than unsuccessful with my attempt (I almost had him for a second until I mistakenly mentioned it's 8am starting time).  Lame!

xoxo,
K

2 comments:

  1. 5k's can be so much fun. I've run a couple and enjoyed it. My town has a Midnight run that we did last year. It was was way too late to run.
    Stop by my blog I have an award for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh yes tanning. I am also obsessed. That's crazy that it's such a procedure to get it removed! I hope it's just a false alarm.

    ReplyDelete