Saturday, June 27, 2009

MY STAY IN SHAPE FOR SUMMER PLAN

So I'm not exactly a workout-aholic,  I certainly don't deprive myself of yummy treats and I'm certainly no nutritionist but when it comes to staying healthy and getting in shape for summer I'm all about it and I don't go to any extremes to do so.  I just figured everyone was doing the same so I thought I'd share my skinny  secrets with the world.  

#1: I drink 15 glasses of water a day...I know "they" say 8 but you can never drink too much water.  The blood in the human body is 83% water, the brain is 74% water, and the muscles are 75% water.  That's a lotttta water...so you can only imagine how much of an "H2O hoe" your bod is (especially in summer)!  Drinking lots of water not only speeds up metabolism it completely hydrates your skin as well.  You'll be skinny, you'll metabolize food much faster, and your skin will glow.  DRINK WATER.
#2: I run 2 miles at least every other day.  Running is an "all-over" body workout and so good for you. 
#3: Tea!  I drink GREEN TEA 3 times a day!  Trust me, it's rich in antioxidants and again, this one helps with the food digestion process.
#4: I attend group classes at my gym.  There's something motivating about working out with 5-10 other people at once....because no one wants to be the girl that wimps out of a 60 minute workout or the girl cheating on the squats...so when I go to these classes I know I'm working hard.... treadmill incline level twelve's got nothin on this girl!
#5:  I do a 250 crunch  ab workout every night before I go to bed.  I kid you not, really I do and it takes me 5 minutes.  There are 4 different types of crunches in the workout so it isn't a tedious 5 minutes, and the cherry on THAT sundae is the 30 second plank after the workout.


That's all I do.  Nothing too crazy.  

xoxo,
K

2 comments:

  1. Hi! What is the ab workout that you do? I would love to hear about it and do it myself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made a new post for it! Let me know how it goes if you do it!

    ReplyDelete