Friday, June 26, 2009

The Family

Okay, so I basically have (what I think) is the best family a girl could ask for; happily married parents (no, that is not a typo, I do in fact have happily married parents) and three older sisters who are more like friends at this point.  The oldest sister (Sister #1 she will be referred to as) is a mother figure, paving the footsteps for her three little ducklings to follow right along in, and that we did!  Everything she did growing up miraculously turned into exactly what the other three of us wanted to do too.  I know what you’re thinking, she probably hated that but trust me, if you knew her you’d know she wouldn’t have it any other way…always has to be first, right, and know everything.  She’s a bit of an overachiever….just ask graduate school grade report.com.  The middle sister (Sister #2 she will be referred to as) and I know, there are four of us so how can there be a middle sister?  But trust me, if there were a “Hello my name is MIDDLE CHILD” name tag this one would certainly wear it proudly.  We all absolutely love about her the fact that she always always stands up for what she believes in and is never afraid to tell you what she thinks.  Her tiny size is deceiving, Sister #2 is feisty and I’d put money on her winning just about any kind of fight that might arise.  In addition to those things we love about her she is also the cook of the family and will make the BEST guacamole and salsa you will ever taste in your life!  Finally, the third sister, my twin sister (Sister #3 she will be referred to as) and no, we are not actual twins but we are barely a year apart and may as well have been (our mother always tells us it would have been a lot easier is we were).    When her and I were growing up we shared everything and did everything together, I mean everything! The “I want what they have” mentality can be renamed as the “I want what SHE has” mentality.  Yes, you ARE right this time, SHE did hate that!  Everything she got I got too, it’s just the way it was; a perk of being the baby I’d say.  Sister #3 is always doing her own thing, doing what she wants, and not really worrying about anything in the process of doing it.  That probably sounds selfish but she just isn’t that bothered with needing to please people (unlike sister #1…always the hostess with the mostess).  My parents, you guessed it!  Are saints for simply raising the four of us successfully and to a pretty exceptional standard I might add, although none of us were ever really “problem children”….we all had our days.


I used to think families that weren't sublimely happy were weird....but I'm beginning to think it's US.


xoxo,

No comments:

Post a Comment