Saturday, July 11, 2009

First Night of Bartending

Soooo much fun!  It was my first night ever of bartending!  I mean don't get me wrong, I've poured a few mixed drinks in my day and certainly popped open a few bottles of beer...but straight up bar tended?  Not until tonight.  It was actually a lot easier than I thought it was going to be. Pretty much everything people ordered I've made for myself at one time or another so I caught on quickly.  The hardest part is memorizing all the names of the liquors we serve and where they are on the shelf, or which cooler a particular beer is in.  You definitely meet some interesting people, who (since most quickly become liquid courageous) will tell you more than you want to hear. I won't complain though because making more than 20 an hour in tips alone makes it a lot easier to sit through stories, I can tell you that.  $ 20 tip on a $5 tab isn't bad!  The guy who gave that to me reasoned because "I'd much rather look at you workin' than my buddy over there" (his buddy being the owner of the bar).  Well, I guess I can cross learning how to bar tend off of my list of things that I will find useful in the future.  ;)

xoxo,
K

1 comment:

  1. I've always thought bartending would be such a fun job, so glad to hear that you like it!

    ReplyDelete